I WAS A WINNER

Sunday, May 15, 2016

From The Heart Monthly Challenge and weekly sketch 151

Good morning or evening which ever the case may be.  Today is National Chocolate Chip Day! Yum. I could celebrate this day EVERY day.  Chocolate is just one of my weaknesses. I am a sweet freak. (self proclaimed)  I find that as I have gotten older my taste for certain foods has changed, but sweets is not one of them. I have some chocolate chip cookies in the kitchen right now and plan on grabbing one or two, ok, or three when I get done posting.  After all , I don't want it to be said that I didn't celebrate a National celebration day.

Today I have 2 cards to enter into the From The Heart Challenges. The first is for the weekly sketch #151. The stamp set I chose was Time to Bloom. This is a beautiful stamp set and can be used in so many different ways.  The materials I used to create this card are: Time to Bloom Stamp set, White card stock from Recollections, yellow card stock from Stampin Up! yellow and orange ric rac.I  used scrap paper for the bottom of the card and the top I embossed with Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots folder.   I used pink glitter paper from DCWF to die cut the sentiment which is from Crafters Companion, Diamond Press collection. I used light orange chalk to highlight around the butterfly image.  I colored the image with my gel pens.


My second card is for the Stamp of the month challenge.   Hamlet PigWit in the Planter.  Such an adorable stamp set. He is as happy as can be among this flowers!  I die cut the card base from one of the Spellbinders label nestabilities.  I colored the image with gel pens, some glitter and some not.  I added pink and purple sequins randomly to the card and added the green bow at the top.


I hope everyone has a great week!  Don't forget to eat your chocolate chips today to celebrate the day.
Thank you for looking at my blog :)

3 comments:

  1. Both cards are great. I like on the first, that the colors from the DP matches the butterfly. I like the shape for your second and that the focus is on the image.
    Thanks for joining our FREE Stamp of the Month May Challenge and also our Sketch Challenge with a tWiSt # 151 @ From the Heart Stamps !

    Imke ~ My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 lovely cards! I agree with Imke, fab colours on the first, and shape of the second. When entering our sketch challenge, please remember to include the sketch itself into your blog post, as it's in the rules, thank you so much ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a tWist - hope to see you again next time!

    ReplyDelete