I WAS A WINNER

Friday, May 13, 2016

Butterfly Challenge #54

Good Morning !  Today is National Apple Pie Day.  Go out and get yourself a great apple pie, some vanilla ice cream and ENJOY!!.


I would like to enter the following card into the Butterfly Challenge #54. This weeks color  is the letter R.  The color is Red and the theme is Recycle.  For my card I used white card stock from Recollections. I die cut the border with Die'Sire Edgeables Butterfly Dreams from Crafters Companion and used red chalk to stencil onto the butterflies.  The flowers are die cut from a soda can.(recycle).Pearls were placed in the center of each flower.  The pink butterfly was created by using a 5 pedal mulberry flower in which one petal was folded to the back to form the butterfly. I applied Frosted Lace stickles to the wings and attached 4 small pearls to each wing. The antenna are made using a pearl stamen for flowers. I added a pearl flower to the center of the butterfly. The leaves are die cut from scrap paper. I placed a pink insert inside the card so it would show through the butterfly die border. I also added randomly place pink sequins to the front of the card. The sentiment was die cut from red glitter paper from Die Cuts With A View.
I hope everyone has a great day and a great weekend. Don't forget tomorrow is Dance Like a Chicken Day. lol . Its been years since I danced to the beat of the Chicken Dance song.!  I think this dance is mostly done at wedding receptions. It always brought a smile to those who watched and great laughter from those who actually had the nerve to get out on the dance floor and to this dance! As I write this I am hearing the music in my head and remembering the fun I had "shaking my tail feather"  lol. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is super. Love your use of the soda can for the flowers and the 5 petal flower to make the butterfly is just fabulous. Love the butterfly edging too. Perfect for my challenge where your card will be entered into the draw twice. Thankyou for fluttering by. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card Dine. I really love your little soda can flowers. Thats's great recycling and I like the idea of using a flower to make your butterfly. Thank you for joining in with the Butterfly Challenge. Barbxx GDT

    ReplyDelete