I WAS A WINNER

Monday, November 9, 2015

Dashing through the snow

Its Monday and today it is cold and rainy here in Virginia. Perfect day to stay in and work on my Christmas cards.  Usually I like to bake on rainy, cold days but I just made a graham cracker crumb cake for my sons birthday on Saturday so we don't need more sweets, although I love them, maybe a little too much!

I have 2 cards I would like to submit to SAS4KIDS Happy Holidays for Kids Challenge. Both images are from Deedee's Digis. The first card  are the cute little penguins she has in her Christmas collections.  I love penguins and these are really cute. I have several digis with her penguins, it was hard to chose from them, but I choose Dashing Through the Snow for my first card. They look like they are having a good time sliding in the snow.  I used red and white polka dots for the background and printed the image on snowflake paper.  I colored the penguin's santa hat with Christmas red stickles and added the acrylic snowflakes topped with red half foil pearls.

The second card is Polar Peace. It is also from Deedee's Digis. It is her stamp of the month challenge.  I backed the image with black polka dots.  I love polka dot paper as you can see.  The background snowflake paper I found on the web.  I added tiny blue pearls that I colored with my copics marker. (They were white) and also added the glitter snowflakes with a pearl foil center.  I tied a bow at the
top using purple and blue variegated organza ribbon. 

Have a great day and thanks for looking at my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment